Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Le gastro (stomach bug)

We woke up early in the morning to the sound of Inga puking. She came into our room to let us know after the first time. She puked twice more--no school for her, obviously! She also had to miss soccer practice in the afternoon. I dropped Ivy and Eric off to theirs and then brought the music holder back to the piano restorer. I made a few quick trips to my favorite furniture consignment stores (looking for a dresser for the bedroom in Le Chateau).

Dio helped me package up 14 books. I brought them to the Post Office, only to find out that their label printer was broken and they didn't know when the technician would be arriving to fix it! So I had to bring them back home and await the arrival of my own ink cartridges, which fortunately arrived later on in the afternoon.

I tried a new store's "panier surprise". It was a fancy organic grocery store and cafe. For 4 Euros, I got 3 pomegranates, 2 avocados, a big bunch of radishes, a head of lettuce, and 3 parsnips. We at the avocados for dinner in a salad and the pomegranates for dessert. The main dish was tuscan butter gnocchi, with enough leftover for another dinner!

The lettuce is taking a bath to plump back up again. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the parsnips because honestly I'm not a fan. That said, I haven't eaten them very many ways so maybe there's an amazing way to prepare them? Worst case I can oven roast them with salt & olive oil.

Here's to hoping no one else gets "le gastro."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...