Sunday, December 03, 2023

Brrrr!

I went to Inga's 3rd tournament in 3 days, again driving an hour each way. It was SO COLD. It rained all the way there, and then then when the rain slowed down the wind was ripping through us. I had every layer on possible, plus a felted wool sweater blanket, and it was absolutely not enough.

During halftime, I went back into the car and stayed there. I had a really good view of the goal that her team was now trying into score into. So I stayed in and kept myself warm during the second half. They ended up in a 1-1 tie.


We kept the heat way up the whole way home and Inga was still complaining about being cold. She ate a ginormous 1' long sandwich, drank a bottle of orange-mango juice, and still had room to spare.

We played Apples To Apples with everyone but Dio (he was next to us working on homework). Ivy learned a new word, "sultry," which she used later on in the evening. She was giving me a back massage, and she said, "I am giving you a massage so Papa doesn't need to give you a sultry back massage."

Eric and I packed up most of our closet and dresser, plus bathroom toiletries.

My new blackout curtains arrived. I hemmed them to the right length and put them up. I am looking forward to a dark night's sleep!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...