Monday, December 25, 2023

Christmas

A lovely day at home, mostly crafting and playing games.






I made my usual Beef Wellington--a tradition we started maybe 3 or 4 years ago--and oven roasted potatoes. Nothing else since we already had a fancy dinner last night and I had already been cooking for a few hours just for those 2 items!


Inga and Ivy got book nooks from my parents, which were an absolute hit. They are miniature worlds the size of a book, with lights and all, that go inside a line of books. Inga's is a bookshop and Ivy's is a sea captain's quarters. Ivy finished hers this evening but Inga still has a ways to go. It's super elaborate!

The funniest moment of the day was watching Dio and Inga playing miniature chess. They had to use tweezers to move the pieces.




Ivy got Eric a pair of socks that say, "I'm not sleeping--I'm just resting my eyes." Sure enough, after we were all done opening presents, we looked over and he had fallen asleep!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...