Friday, December 15, 2023

Naps and pianos

Today was more toned down for me! I woke up at 4:30 am and couldn't get back to sleep. By time we got Ivy off to school, I was dragging myself around. So I went back to bed and napped for an hour or so, joined by an equally tired Eric. We finally got up at 10:30.

I was going to exercise...but jetlag was my nemesis! Instead, we got ready and changed the car battery. We went to to the workshop where the piano restorer is finishing our piano. He has all the pieces laquered except the main body of the piano, which is waiting its finish tomorrow.

He is an outstanding artisan--you would think the piano was brand new, not almost 130 years old! He filled in every tiny crack and ding, restored any pieces of trim that weren't perfectly adhered, and reglued many of the bigger panels of wood that had started to crack apart at the seams.

The pictures are the "ready for painting" views.




We did a big grocery trip to Lidl on our way home, since we were already in the car and were passing right by the store.

For dinner I made a bean salad with 3 kinds of beans, bell peppers, red onions, and a lime-chili dressing, plus roasted fennel & sausages in mustard, thyme, & red wine sauce. Yum. I also cooked up a batch of sourdough, which turned out remarkably well considering I brought a tiny jar of starter with me in my toiletry bag!

Ivy and Eric had soccer practice this evening. Everyone was super excited to see them again. Apparently Ivy is a head taller than most of her teammates 🙂

We finished off the evening with one episode of Foundation.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...