Monday, August 02, 2021

French apartment renovations, Day 224: Slow day

10,899 steps

We had a slow start this morning. Between waking up late and then Eric and the kids watching the Canada-US women's soccer semifinals, we didn't even start work until after lunch. Well, I did! I applied more epoxy wood hardener to a few more areas. Then I spent a long while gazing at all the work to be done, feeling overwhelmed and not knowing where to start.

I felt really icky in the afternoon--waves of fatigue and dizziness and heat washing over me. At a few moments I thought I would pass out. I rested for a while and then did a bit more work with Eric.

We brought the kids out to the splash pad late in the afternoon, since the waves were too big today. Despite them protesting that the splash pad was boring, they had so much fun once they were there. It was hot but very dry and windy, so I felt quite cool as soon as I got wet.

We're plugging along without our fridge. We ate the last of the food that was in our freezer, thawing slowly. Now it's all either gone or at our friend's.

We're going to be a bit more disciplined tomorrow and get everyone up and out the door in the morning for exercise. It's been a weird summer since we're not going anywhere for the first time in years, but we also haven't planned many activities since we have so much renovation work to do. I think we need to do more fun stuff with the kids: hikes, adventures, etc.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...