Thursday, August 19, 2021

French apartment renovations, Day 241: No loo to go to

7,761 steps

We currently have no working toilet in our apartment for the next 24 hours. But that's ok--it was on purpose. We had to apply some rubber sealant to the main sewer stack and it needs to stay dry for 24 hours. We temporarily hooked up a toilet in the communist apartment. We haven't sorted out the water supply, so it's the old-fashioned "dump & flush" method with a bucket of water.

My hair is full of drywall dust, my fingers and nails have bits of rubber sealant in the cracks, and I have waterproofing membrane on my legs.

It's been a day.

I sanded drywall mud much of the morning and remembered why I HATE drywall mudding and taping. It's fine the first day, but when you keep doing it day after day and get covered in chalky dust and keep finding more seams that need taping, or the 2nd coat of mid, or 3rd coat, you just want to scream. Or do what I did: sit on the scaffolding, staring blankly at the wall, for a good 20 minutes.

We tried to keep the kids busy with small mudding or sanding jobs and helping Eric hang the first big sheet of drywall on the underneath of the mezzanine (kitchen ceiling, essentially).

No one wanted to go swimming this evening except Eric, so he went alone. I was exhausted and started falling asleep as soon as I sat down on the couch.

Ivy and I took Baya for a walk this evening. This dog needs to get in shape! Fine, she's a little frou-frou dog, but that's not an excuse for not being able to walk more than a few minutes without sounding like she is going to pass out. Apparently each time we dog sit her, she comes home to her owner totally exhausted and sleeps like the dead for a day or two.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...