Sunday, August 08, 2021

French apartment renovations, Days 230: Literal and figurative headaches

14,581 steps

I had another headache coming on this morning, but I'm so glad that it didn't get as bad as yesterday's. Unfortunately, my figurative headache started this evening when I discovered lice in my hair! Nooooo!!!!

Okay, technically we only found one louse and a small number of nits. But still, pas bien.

My friend offered to help comb out my hair. I joked, "You come to France for the first time in your life and you end up de-lousing someone's hair! Great vacation!"

I'm going to check everyone tomorrow, just in case.

We had a nice slow-paced afternoon. Lunch, conversation, and then swimming at the beach. We had nice big waves, but not so big that they were dangerous. Inga and Ivy both ended up with their friends, one by invitation and one by chance.


Eric made duck breast with honey, balsamic, & shallots, along with rice, leftover green beans, and hummus on cucumber slices. Then we had a crepe fete! Our friends got several delicious ingredients: mangoes, raspberries, Nutella, whipping cream...I had dark chocolate & cream for my first crepe, and raspberries, dark chocolate, & cream for my second.

Then the rest of my evening was attending our Siaparto conference presentations (siaparto.com.br/programacao ).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...