Wednesday, August 18, 2021

French apartment renovations, Day 240: Braving the wilds of Leroy Merlin

We're watching a dog (actually two dogs, but not simulaneously) for the next 12 days. Baya is here for several days, then we go up into the back country to watch another friend's dog, then we come back to Nice and watch Baya again.

I went running first thing in the morning, taking advantage of the slightly cooler temperatures. Eric took Dio and Inga to play soccer (just a friendly pickup game) while Zari was at her Cavigal practice. Ivy and I worked on her piano and then she built a huge canopy bed in Minecraft.

After lunch, Eric and I made another big trip to Leroy Merlin. This time, we returned hundreds of Euros of extra items--what a great feeling! Then we bought hundreds of kilograms of sand, paint, and drywall mud plus more tools, supplies, and light fixtures. So we probably broke even 🙂

Ivy spent the afternoon at the library doing crafts with a few of her friends.


Quick swim after our shopping trip. I made the kids go, and they had so much fun once they were there. Why is it so hard to convince them to go???

Dinner was split pea soup. Comfort food from my childhood. I cook it with some sort of pork sausage, carrots, onions, celery (if I have it), thyme, and bay leaves. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...