Saturday, August 14, 2021

French apartment renovations, Day 236: Beach day (and some work) and an anniversary

Lots of swimming...not as many steps

We let the kids sleep in. Of course I was up at 7 am on the one day where I didn't need to be awake! Eric and I headed downstairs for a quiet morning of work around 9:30. We didn't want to disturb our neighbors.

I spent much of the morning measuring & cutting the last piece of drywall. It's slow-going because we had to cut around the curved beam and I wanted it to be as precise as possible.

During lunch, I prepared for the evening's breech live session and got dinner in the oven, pre-programmed to be done. And then...we headed to the beach! Today we went back to Plage Passable in Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat, one of our favorite spots. Except for the massive amounts of people, it was great.





We had to head back in time for my 6 pm live session. But I think 3 hours was perfect--any more and I would have felt way too fried.

Dinner was Tuscan butter gnocchi. A definite favorite and repeat dinner. (https://www.delish.com/.../tuscan-butter-gnocchi-recipe/)

Oh....and I suppose the biggest news of the day: it was our 23rd anniversary! Having an afternoon outing as a family was a perfect way to celebrate.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...