Tuesday, August 03, 2021

French apartment renovations, Day 225: Chateau & work

I woke up reaaaaaaly early this morning and couldn't get back to sleep for a long time. Ugh. We all went to the chateau this morning for some exercise and family time. I was tired so I just watched everyone else play. I probably should have geared up and made myself run...but I didn't. One of Ivy's friends joined us for the morning.

We finally got some work done in the afternoon. We put in a new ceiling joist to replace a rotten one that we had cut down. I first treated it with 2 coats of insect/rot repellent. Then we had to pare down some of the concrete on the ceiling to make the beam fit. So of course that meant more dust everywhere.

Then finally we were ready to put up the next piece of acoustic drywall. It's so hard to hold it overhead, even with 3 of us holding and one of us operating the drill. We had a bit of MAP left over so we cemented in a few more outlet boxes.

Late afternoon swim with Ivy and Inga and some friends of Eric's who are visiting this week from California. We were completely out of toilet paper, so I left after a short swim to buy groceries and supplies.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...