Saturday, August 07, 2021

French apartment renovations, Days 228-229: Visitors!

11,579 steps

We have visitors for the first time since Covid started. We stayed up far too late last night talking. It reminds me of our days in grad school, pre-kids.

Yesterday morning was another good work day; I did more stone wall repair with Zari's help. Our friends arrived at dinner time. I love that even with our small apartment (well, small by American standards at around 800 sq ft if we include the attic bedroom...but pretty average for French apartments, albeing most French families don't have 4 kids), we can fit 8 people and still feel comfortable. It helps that we spend a lot of our days outside.

Today we took a day trip to Eze and Monaco. Eze is a perched village on a cliff overlooking the Mediterranean and is stunning, even when visiting for the 10th time. 





We visited the Jardin Exotique, which is where the cover photo on my blog was taken years ago. I had Eric take a picture of me & the kids in front of the same statue.


We had originally planned on just going to Eze and then dropping our friends off in Monaco for the afternoon...so I didn't pack any lunch or prepare in any way.

Then last minute we decided to go to Monaco with our friends. So we had some very hungry and grumpy children. We finally were able to buy some groceries and eat around 2:30 pm. This is why I like planning things beforehand!


I also got a really bad headache--bordering on a migraine. We left at around 3:30 while our friends stayed to explore a bit more, then caught the bus back home.

I came home and collapsed on the couch for a nap and felt more human once I woke up. Right after dinner, Eric, Ivy, Inga, and I went for a swim. After the big waves the past two days, Eric found tons of shoes, underwear, and bandanas.

We got the kids to bed on time this evening, and we'll probably go to sleep a bit earlier. Being a tourist is exhausting!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...