Friday, August 13, 2021

French apartment renovations, Day 235: Work hard, play hard

6,356 steps

Again another great work day where, despite all of the work, my fitness tracker tells me I've hardly moved compared to my usual routine.

Eric took the 3 older kids to play soccer in the morning. It was HOT! High of 33 C (91 F). They came back all sweaty and exhausted. Ivy had a friend come over for a few hours, and then she got invited to the beach with her friend once her mom was done with work.

After lunch, we put all of the kids to work. They mudded in the screw holes in the drywall (according to Dio it was "very easy"). The drywall mud over here has a very different consistency. It feels eerily like cream cheese, only a bit more fluid. Zari said that out of the blue today, and I had said the same thing to Eric the first time I used it.

We got most of the wall pieces cut and installed. Just one more left!! I hope to do that tomorrow morning. Yes, usually we don't work on the weekends but I'd love to get it done 🙂

We had to do a bit more cutting with the rainureuse to pare down a few stones that were sticking out too far. We keep thinking we are done with the super messy stuff and we are always wrong!

Eric and I both went swimming after our long work day. It felt amazing. Just in the past day or so, the sea has developed a very warm top layer. The first foot or so it almost too warm, and then below that it still feels nice and cool. So you can choose to warm up or cool down depending on how you position your body.

No pictures or videos from today. I'll try to get some tomorrow after that last piece of drywall goes up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...