Thursday, March 11, 2021

French renovations Day 80: The joists are up!

11,529 steps

So much accomplished today! I slept much better so I was able to go for a run after school drop-off. I watched a friend's dog for 20 minutes while she was meeting with some people. Then I mailed a package at the post office and bought more flour. I baked my normal batch of sourdough (4 big loaves, 800 g each).

And then on to the fun stuff: the mezzanine in the back room! We installed the joist hangers and put all the joists up, except the one right next to the plumbing pipe. We'll slip that one in later after we install the main drain line. 

I'm about 30 screws short for attaching the joist hangers--each one takes 20+ screws--so I'll need to go to the hardware store yet again. 

I talked Zari through our plans for the back room. She loves the idea of doing it with a subtle nautical theme. Nothing kitschy, but just enough to give the feel of being in a boat (porthole windows, net floor, brass plumbing elements, exotic hardwood floors). We'll see...decorating is still a long way off! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...