Tuesday, March 30, 2021

French renovations, Day 99: Sick (Dio) & tired (me)

5,700 steps

Well that was fun. I woke up at 3 am. Ding! Awake! And I couldn't get back to sleep. Once the alarm went off at 7, I told Eric that I was going to try to nap a bit. I managed to snooze while the kids got ready for school.

Dio wasn't feeling well this morning, so I phoned him in sick. He was in bed or on the couch comatose the whole day. Very slight fever, sore throat, stuffy nose, and headache. We'll get him tested tomorrow.

I worked almost all day on breech video editing. Eric went to the beach to check out the spearfishing conditions and ran back home. "Rixa and Zari, you HAVE to come! The conditions are perfect." It was super warm, high of 19° C or 66° F, so we put on swimsuits. I had to persuade Zari to come. Once there, we basked in the sun until I found the courage to go in the water.

I didn't let myself think, I just plunged in. Cold but so exhilarating. And after lots of cajoling, Zari got herself in. She took a lot longer to immerse herself....and then she stayed quite a bit longer than me!


She was effusive about how amazing it was. I said, "See? Aren't you glad I convinced you to come?"

What I love about swimming in cold water is the feeling of well-being that persists for hours afterward. I don't necessarily love getting in, though!

I went back home after an hour to eat a mid-afternoon lunch and get more work done. Zari took a nap in the sun and came home an hour later. Eric didn't catch anything today; he hardly saw any fish at all.

We were hoping to get some work done in the communist apartment, but we ran out of time. It was school pickup / park playing / dinner / bedtime and poof! There went the rest of hte day.

ps, why on earth is my Facebook suddenly inundated with pinup pictures?? I'm seeing "Pinups for Vets" and women with huge fake boobs practically having sex with their cars. Facebook, your algorithms are WAY off if you think that's my jam.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...