Monday, March 29, 2021

French renovations, Day 98: Dog tired

7,928 steps

Nobody wanted to wake up this morning, except for Baya the dog. I love how dogs are eternally optimistic and happy about everything now matter how often it happens. Once I told the kids that Baya was waiting to see them, they perked up.

I worked all morning and through lunch on breech video editing. 


We got a call in the late morning from Zari: we had to come get her from school immediately because someone in her class had tested positive for Covid. (This was weird since she always goes home by herself...but today they needed a parent to come sign her out.)

This is not the first time someone in her class has tested positive, but there's a new rule in place now. If even one student tests possitive, the entire class has to go into quarantine for 7 days. Each student also has to have a negative PCR test before they can come back.

I should probably ask what the protocol is for the rest of us: are we supposed to all of our kids out of school, too?

After lunch, Eric and I worked on the hallway. We are extending the mezzainine into the hallway so we have to build supports for the hallway mezzainine floor. We were able to use salvaged wood and install the two long pieces on either side of the hallway. Right now they're just tacked into place. Tomorrow we'll drill the holes and install the threaded rod cemented in place with epoxy.

Baya's owner came back this afternoon. I'm glad to send home a clean, worn-out dog 🙂 We gave her a bath, got rid of much of her winter coat that was shedding like crazy, and carefully cut away a few matted areas, aka doggie dreadlocks.

Her owner is a midwife and friend of mine. She said she had a vivid dream the other day that she was my midwife and she was with me as I had my baby at home, and there was all this great energy as the baby was emerging. Too bad my birth-giving days are over. Sigh...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...