Tuesday, March 16, 2021

French renovations, Day 85: Sick & tired

5,615 steps

I woke up at 3 am feeling icky. Nonspecific. Kind of feverish but not. Kind of sick but not. But enough to keep me awake most of the night. Anyway, I snoozed a bit once the kids woke up for school and then got out of bed at 9.

I've been feeling off all day; the closest analogy is the feeling I get when I eat too much pasta or other simple carbs. (Which is why I don't eat more than a few bites of pasta.) Kind of hot, heavy, heart beating harder than usual.

So I did sedentary work all day, mostly breech-related.

Mid-afternoon Eric and I helped some people move and inherited an almost-new office chair, which is now down in the basement in Eric's writing space. We still have a dryer sitting in our car that needs to go to someone else who lives the outskirts of Nice.

I really wanted to get out for a walk, but I had a Zoom meeting right up until curfew.

Zari and Dio's school did another round of Covid testing last week. 3 students in Dio's class were positive. Ivy and Inga's school is doing saliva testing next week. Numbers just aren't coming down at all, despite new measures rolling out. In part because I'm sure there are enough people pushing the envelope that it counteracts the official protocols.

And hey, we are probably part of it in that we don't follow every regulation strictly. We take our masks off when we're outside and not in crowded areas. I'm serious about covid in places where the infection risk is real--indoors especially--but outdoors where we're spaced out? Short of staying home in a bubble and never leaving, outdoors is pretty safe.

1 comment:

  1. Is the vaccine rolling out in France like it is here in the States?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...