Friday, March 26, 2021

French renovations, Day 95: Down day

7,545 steps

I went to bed last night thinking about kitchen plans and plumbing. My brain would not turn off.

I re-read Ivy's birth story last night. I hadn't read it in a few years and I was shocked at how much I had forgotten and how distant it seemed. I am still in denial that I'm done with childbearing. I don't exactly want to have more children--Eric was very much done at 4 and I decided that 4 was great, too. But I mourn that that stage of life is over and I don't want to accept that I'm getting older.

And on top of those emotional and mental upheavals, Eric kept waking me up every few minutes (to his credit, he didn't realize he was doing it.) At one point he patted down the bed and asked, "Why is there a third person in the bed?" I informed him that I was the only other person, and then he laughed at himself for asking that. He has NO memory of any of this.

So yeah, not much sleep for me last night. The plumber was not a good people person. He was rude and impatient and insulting. When he suggested some things that I really didn't like (like having visible sewer pipes running along a bathroom wall, when there was an easy way to put them elsewhere out of sight), he'd roll his eyes and act like it was crazy. So yeah, I don't think we'll hire him.

We are dog sitting Baya this weekend. She's an adorable Pekinese that we have watched several times before. I adore both her and her owner :)

By mid-morning, I was toast. I went in bed and laid down for an hour. Not really sleeping, but not moving at all. That helped immensely.

After lunch Eric and I cut more wall channels and I took off the last 2 feet of concrete and lime covering the rock walls. I finished at 4:15 pm and realized I hadn't eaten anything all day!

The rest of my time today was filled with putting together a 2020 research review on breech (any hit relating to breech on PubMed). It's a big project and I'm trying to put everything into an hour-long lecture. I have a feeling it might become longer than an hour...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...