Friday, July 02, 2021

French apartment renovations, Day 193: Parenting fail

Unknown # of steps

The AC guys weren't here today, so we got a break from the noise and mess. I was busy most of the morning helping Zari get her registration materials ready for the Lycee Massena. We dropped everything off in the morning. She is so lucky she gets to go to school there--it's easily one of the most beautiful buildings in Nice.

I told her, "When you were a year old, you lived inside the Lycée Masséna during the summer." I pointed to the rooftop terrace that we had access to from our dorm room. She'd play soccer with our study abroad students and play in a kiddie pool that the building's guardians had set up.

For your enjoyemnet, I dug up 2 pictures from that summer: the first is of me and Zari on the rooftop. The 2nd is the view from the rooftop.



We had a lunchtime disaster. Parenting FAIL. I was busy all morning helping Zari, and then I had to bring her to a RDV point at 11:40 sharp. She didn't know where it was, so I had to go with her and leave at 11:20 in order to arrive on time.

Meanwhile, Eric and Dio had gone to play soccer, and they didn't get back until close to 1 pm.

Which all sounds fine, until you realize that Ivy and Inga needed to be picked up for lunch at 11:30.

Oops.

At 11:45 am, as I was walking back from dropping Zari off, I got a phone call from Inga's teacher: "I have your girls at the school--no one came to pick them up." I ran back as fast as I could, given that I didn't have running clothes on. Bad mama and papa! We totally forgot to coordinate lunch pickup.

Apparently Inga and Ivy waited for us for a while, then walked home. They rang our doorbell, waited, then walked down to the Place Rosetti, went back and rang the bell again. At this point they were crying. They went back to the school and on the way ran into a nice lady who helped buzz the school office and find someone to take them and find their TERRIBLE PARENTS who didn't show up.

Zari was gone all afternoon with a group of girls doing ziplines and other fun activities. Eric, Dio, and I worked on electricity and got all the last cables pulled. Now we just have to hook everything up in the boxes! Yeah!

I took Ivy and Dio to the beach for a quick swim. Dio didn't want to go in, but at the very end as we were leaving he said, "maybe I want to swim after all." I would have let him, but we had to hurry back to get home because Inga was coming home from a friend's house.

We all watched an episode of Shadow and Bone after dinner. We had Inga and Ivy cover their eyes during the fight scenes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...