Thursday, July 15, 2021

French apartment renovations, Day 206: Progress

6,712 steps

Lots more changes in the Communist apartment! We installed the insulated drywall first thing in the morning. We were able to get everything level/square/plumb/straight, as much as is possible when working with walls that not level or straight. I love our laser level. How did I ever renovate without one?

Then we drywalled around the load-bearing wall (the part that sticks out). I was so pleased when everything fit perfectly and came out 100% level even in parts where we weren't trying to make it that way.

We got all the kids to help tidy up the front and back rooms. Then we FINALLY carried up the last 11 sheets of drywall from the downstairs hallway. We had been putting this off because it was acoustic drywall and almost twice as heavy as normal. But we did it! (insert flexing biceps here)



Eric had to stop mid-afternoon for some meetings. I kept working for a while, shimming parts of the ceiling in preparation for hanging drywall.

A few days ago, Zari misplaced a USB nanorepector for Dio's computer mouse. We have been combing the house looking for it, with no success. So today they took a walk to FNAC to see if they could find a new mouse for him. No luck, but I think they enjoyed the excursion and the liberty!

Ivy made "jewelry" out of black electrical tape.


I took the four kids for a quick late afternoon swim. It was breezy, cool, and overcast and we didn't stay super long. I actually felt a bit cold--which is nice in the summer. About 10 minutes before we left, two of Ivy's friends showed up. I would have liked to let her play longer, but we were getting too cold.

 

After dinner we did another round of de-lousing Inga's hair. No lice at all and about 10 things that may have been nits. I did my own again just as a precaution and saw a few specks that may have been nits, or may just have been dust. We'll do Inga's hair again tomorrow. Until we see zero nits, I will not give up!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...