Friday, July 09, 2021

French apartment renovations, Day 200!

About 10,000 steps

I feel like I should celebrate or something...day 200 and counting of renovating. It feels ridiculously long for such a "small" project. I mean--it's just 2 rooms! One big one and one small one. How can two rooms take so long?

We had other things going on today, so we only got a few hours of work done in the afternoon. In the morning, Ivy helped me with grocery shopping. I carried a heavy cart and one big bag, and she carried a medium & small bag on her scooter.


After lunch we moved the scaffolding back to the back room (the AC people had put it in the front room). Inga and I then prepped the upper chimney alcove. She and I drilled out holes with the diamond saw, then chipped the insides away with a jackhammer. I held the tools while she pulled the trigger. Good system!

While we were doing that, Ivy helped Eric tidy up the front (big) room. It's more of a mess than usual since the AC people have been working there and storing all of their stuff. I'd even say it's feeling crowded!

To finish the afternoon, Eric mixed me a big bucket of MAP and I put it in all the holes. I used the laser level to ensure that each side of the bookcase was level (because they were definitely NOT to begin with!). We should be able to install drywall tomorrow.

During all of this, we sent Dio and Zari off on their own to look for a birthday present for Dio's friend. They went to the big mall (Nice Etoile) and, after much looking, found something. They had 2 Euros left over so they went to a grocery store on the way home and bought themselves snacks (with our permission).

I was worried they wouldn't find any presents but it worked out, and I sense they had fun on this adventure.

Tomorrow morning they are going to a water park with a group of teenagers. Ivy and Inga were really sad they couldn't go, too. Then Dio has the birthday party in the afternoon.

We watched "Back To the Future II" after dinner. The kids were laughing so hard at what "the future" (2015) was imagined to be.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...