Sunday, July 04, 2021

French apartment renovations, Day 195: I'm a robot

11,780 steps

I have this crick in my neck that has gotten progressively worse during the day. By afternoon I could barely move or breathe without triggering it. My kids were laughing at me as I was wincing and yelping at random moments. I told them that I had to be a robot for the day and not move my head or arms at all.

I took the 3 youngest kids on a walk up to Cimiez this morning. When we left there were a few drops of rain. We'd be fine, right? By time we were 2/3 there, it had turned into a steady rain. We huddled under some trees because we knew Eric and Zari would be coming our direction in the car. We did try!

We were supposed to go to a birthday party, but it got rescheduled due to the rain. Then ironically the sun came out mid-afternoon! We watched an episode of "Shadow and Bone" and then went to the beach.

Miracle: Dio went in the water! It helped that our neighbors across the street (the ones whose windows look into our living room and whose daughter Inga is best friends with) were there with an inflatable boat. The kids all piled on and jumped off and pushed the boat around.

A couple nearby lost their wedding ring while we were swimming. Zari lent them a snorkel mask, and she and Eric both joined in the hunt. We never found it, though.

I took some videos of our beach afternoon but I am not feeling like moving or doing anything. Stupid neck.

I made hamburgers for dinner and the kids raved about them. I guess it's been years since we've had them. I have to admit, a homemade hamburger can be quite delicious. Mine was Roquefort-bacon-Emmental-mushroom. Yum. A mashup of bacon & blue cheese + mushroom & Swiss.

I had a Zoom call most of the evening. And that's my day! I'm hoping I can move my neck and arms more tomorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...