Sunday, July 25, 2021

(Other) French apartment renovations, Day 216: Lazy afternoon party


We spent the afternoon up in the "arrière pays" (back country) at a birthday party for one of Ivy's friends. It was hot and langorous with cicadas droning. I settled into a hammock under an arbor of grape vines, watching the sun wink in and out of view.

It reminded me of when Dio was an infant, 5 weeks old. We were visiting family in Canada. He was a very fussy baby, but the one thing that entranced him into calm was lying swaddled on a lounge chair the back deck, looking up into the branches of quaking aspen.

I took 3 naps over the course of the afternoon and evening! I felt like I was moving through molasses all day. Eric and I went on an evening walk once we were back home and both of us remarked about feeling the same way, slow and heavy.

It might have been from the delicious food that we ate too much of (the friend's dad is a chef). We got sent home with loads of leftovers.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...