Wednesday, July 28, 2021

(Other) French apartment renovations, Day 219: Lice round 2

8,556 steps

Ivy has been complaining that her head itches. I checked it a few times over the past few days and didn't see anything. However, her hair was also very tangly so I couldn't go through sections systematically.

This morning, we got her hair washed, conditioned, and brushed. And yes...there were lice! I'd guess there were 12-15 lice and a moderate number of nits. Nowhere near as many nits as Inga by a factor of 10 or more.

I actually did a full comb-through twice on Ivy today. The second one only resulted in a few stray nits.

Just to be sure, I also did Inga's head again thoroughly. We saw a few specks in the rinse water that may or may not have been nits. And then I did my own head just to be sure.

So that ended up taking a lot of my time today.

Ivy and Inga went to the chateau with a friend, which gave Eric and me several hours of uninterrupted work. We hung the rest of the wallpaper in our bedroom and the first layer of wallpaper in Zari's bedroom. Eric applied MAP on some of the larger holes or cracks in the Communist apartment, and I patched a few holes with plaster.

Late this evening, I applied the first coat of primer in our bedroom. We can paint tomorrow morning and we'll finally have our bedroom back! We've had ladders and dropcloths for the past week.

We had a quick late afternoon swim, as usual. We spotted a jellyfish and were a bit more careful where we swam after that. A few minutes after we had finished, a man got stung, probably by the same jellyfish. Nothing dangerous, just painful.

Eric is playing soccer with a new over-40 men's team. It's a late game, starting at 9 pm at a town 40 minutes away. He was so excited to find a team to play with. I have the feeling that he'll be running in circles around many of the others.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...