Tuesday, July 06, 2021

French apartment renovations, Day 197: Last day of school!

8,734 steps

I worked all day on framing the extra bit of chimney that I had uncovered and that we realized we needed to cover back up. For something seemingly so simple, it was really complex! I don't have anything level or square to start with and I had to figure out how to attach a wooden frame, in an irregular shape, to fragmented bits of stone/cinder blocks/cement/plaster.

Zari helped me for a bit in the afternoon. Eric is still feeling sick. I insisted that he get a Covid test tomorrow.

Today was the last day of school! We went to a birthday party at the chateau--a great way to celebrate summer vacation. It made for a late dinner but happy kids.

Zari was woken up last night at 4 am by a mosquito. She stayed up for an hour trying to catch it (no luck) and then she went into the living room to sleep. Now she's stressed that there will be a mosquito again. She's so frustrated that I can't magically fix it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...