Tuesday, July 13, 2021

French apartment renovations, Day 204: Red flags


5,607 steps

My day looks sedentary according to my fitness tracker, but I did work a lot on the apartment.

We plastered over most of the electrical cables, bit by bit. You have to find ways to hold all the cables in place while the plaster hardens. Sometimes this is with pieces of wood attached with screws. Sometimes this is with heavy objects leaning against the bundle of cables.

I don't like working with plaster. It's a goopy mess for 5 minutes, perfect for 1 minute, and then a crumbly mess for another 2 minutes before it goes rock hard. On the up side it hardens very quickly!

We also built the 2nd box that hides a lot of the wires and put drywall on the first box.

I put another set of daubs of MAP on the upper mezzanine wall, using the laser level.



Zari and Dio got their 2nd Pfizer shots. On their way home, they ate döner kebabs for the first time. Ivy had a friend over all afternoon, so the younger kids were having lots of fun.

Eric and I went to the beach for a late afternoon swim, but the drapeau rouge (red flag) was out. Due to high winds, big waves, and a strong current, swimming was forbidden. Lifeguards were patrolling the beaches on foot and on boat to ensure no one went in the water. So I took a beach shower (my first shower of the day), lay in the sun for a few minutes, and headed home. I was sweaty and covered with splatters of plaster so a cold beach shower was great.

Tomorrow is Bastille Day. We might go wild swimming with some friends. Bonne nuit!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...