Wednesday, September 01, 2021

French apartment renovations, Day 254: Back to school braids

4,651 steps

We now have 3 Viking warriors in our household, complete with complex French braids and serious attitude. This is Ivy's. Pictures of the rest coming tomorrow.

For those of you who weighed in on our window question, here is a video with more context, including interior & exterior views of the apartment.

Today's renovation work was more filling in gaps and cracks with MAP (me), more hooking up electrical outlets (Eric), more sanding (me), more cleaning and tidying (Dio and Inga).



Zari and Dio had soccer practice today. While Dio and Eric were gone, I had a Zoom meeting this evening, complete with kids bringing me in written notes in an effort not to disturb me.

Here is our conversation via notes, complete with their funny spellings.

Kids: "Zari is being extreamly mean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Kids: "Zari wants us to come get ice-cream with her but we do not want to!"

Kids: "She is still refusing to go if we do not come! Can you just write to her that she has to go and NOT force us to go?"

Kids: "Write here -->" (they give me a scrap of paper and a pen)

Me: "I don't care either way"

(I hear sounds of arguing for a while)

Kids: "Never mind, Zari went to buy ice-cream."

She came back with dark chocolate, mint chocolate, raspberry sorbet, and vanilla. Good choices.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...