Monday, December 05, 2022

Breech tour du monde, day 26: A perfect way to wake up in Perth

I was up by 4:30 am. Soon after, I got a message from BWB's treasurer: she had received a piece of mail from a charitable foundation and was wondering what she should do about it. I guessed it was a donation for our organization and told her to open it and let me know what was inside.

A minute later, she sent me a picture of a letter giving us carte blanche to use the funds where the need was greatest....and an ENORMOUS donation. A "holy forking shirtballs" kind of donation! (Nod to "The Good Place")

I quickly messaged our Board of Directors to share the news. We're buzzing with ideas, most of which involve using the donation to train providers in resource-poor areas of the world.

We'll make an official announcement soon, once we have sorted out how we're going to use the funds.

Today's workshop was fabulous. Wonderfully engaged attendees, great discussions, lots of laughter.

We taught in an old Girl Guide hall, straight from the 1940s or maybe even earlier. I felt like I should go out and build a campfire and pitch a tent. The back half of the hall was a cross between a quonset hut and a military bunker.

I don't have any pictures from today's workshop yet, but I do have more from Brisbane.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...