Friday, December 30, 2022

French apartment renovations, Day 577: Painting & winter carnival

8,131 steps

More painting! I got the 2nd finish coat on the ceiling...but it might need a 3rd coat because I had to swtich brands of paint between the first and second coats. Both were flat white paint but they are slightly different, enough that the ceiling still looks patchy. Argh. I also edged the walls with the first finish coat.

The kids went out exercising while I was painting.

I had a Zoom meeting later in the afternoon, and then I went with the kids to a winter carnival. Inga was invited by a friend, and they had an extra pass. But the kids couldn't decide who got to go with Inga, so finally Eric decided that they could all go and I would buy tickets for the other two.

However, when we got there, Zari and Dio quickly decided they weren't interested. It was a typical carnival--bright lights, noise everywhere, crowds of people, churros and cotton candy. Half was outdoors and half was inside a truly gargantuan arena--bit enough for the enormous rides. So in the end if was just Inga and one sibling!

I treated Zari and Dio to a pastry of their choice on the way home. Dio chose a vanilla eclair, Zari a mini buche de noel, and me a pain au chocolat.

Eric had a pickup soccer game this evening, which was really fun. The kids got to bed about an hour later than usual, but , hey, "it's vuh-cation!" as Ivy always says.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...