Saturday, December 17, 2022

Eric woke up at 4 am and, after trying to get back to sleep, decided to get up and do something productive: grading. He crawled back into bed a few hours later, just as I was waking up. I had a quiet few hours and finally started waking the family up well after 9 am. It took several tries.

I think I'm mostly adjusted--this was the first night when I woke up at the right time.

I did my usual 5K run. It was sunny and temperate, enough that I took my jacket off after the first kilometer.

Ivy had two soccer games late morning through mid-afternoon. Dio and a friend went to a skatepark with their scooters. They said it was so packed that they hardly got to go on anything. So finally they gave up and came back home via scooter (it's a fairly long tram ride away, or a 45-minute walk). Inga got invited to go rollerblading and then to something called a FĂȘte Foraine--basically a big carnival with lots of rides.

Zari was the only one who didn't have something going on. I convinced her to run some shopping errands with me so we could make Lebkuchen. We had to get some spices (cardamom, allspice) at the Asian food store and other ingredients at a nearby grocery store. I have a big batch of dough mixed up and in the fridge.

We watched 3 epsiodes of Wednesday--it definitely gets two thumbs up from everyone in the family. Zari said, "Ugh, if it turns out there is a love triangle, the rating will go down." (Honestly so much of Wednesday's character reminds me of Zari, or at least of things that I know Zari will find amusing--the biting wit, the disdain for social conventions.)

And...the biggest excitement is coming tomorrow...the World Cup final with France vs. Argentina! We are having a friend over to watch the game with us. He's French and his wife is Argentinean, and she has already arranged to watch with a group of her Argentinean friends. They cannot watch the game together--too much at stake :) We will, of course, be cheering for "les bleus."

I remember 4 years ago when France won the World Cup and the absolute madness afterwards. We wandered around the streets right after the victory. The most memorable moment was a buck naked (and very drunk) man sitting on top of a convertible that was slowly driving down the street.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...