Monday, December 26, 2022

French apartment renovations, Day 573: Boxing Day (which is totally irrelevant over here)

My Boxing Day was not full of gift-buying. It's not really a thing over here as it is in Canada. I went running in the morning, then walked to Ciffreo Bona to buy a 25 kg bag of MAP, which I then had to carry home in our shopping cart.

We told all of the kids they had to exercise today. Zari chose to go running, while the other 3 kids did PE With Joe.

I spent the afternoon working in the communist apartment, sanding down the bay windows and spreading joint compound in a few areas that needed touchups. Next, I spread paint stripper on two cupboard doors. While that was working--very stinky!--I did some touch-up sanding on the walls. Then the stripper was ready. It only ate through the first layers of dark brown paint, leaving a few more layers to go. I need to buy more paint stripper.

I had a Zoom meeting around dinnertime to talk about a paper I'm co-authoring with Stuart Fischbein.

Eric was tied up all day working on his video game writing book. The kids were begging one of us to go out with them, but we told them they needed to go themselves today. (I hope that I can get enough work done tomorrow morning that I can go out with them after lunch.) They decided to go to the chateau. Inga practiced with her new bow & arrow set and Zari made a short video.


We finished the evening watching the first episode of The Book of Boba Fett.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...