Wednesday, December 28, 2022

French apartment renovations, Day 575: Painting, so much painting

We all slept in today--I was up maybe by 8:30 with most of the kids, Eric by 9, and Zari I had to wake up close to 9:30! Eric hasn't been sleeping well lately so he was so happy to feel well-rested today.

I went straight downstairs to work on the Communist apartment, not even showering first because I knew I would get dirty. I started with sanding, then did tons of painting, and ended the day with some spot caulking. The entire space (underneath the mezzanine and the two big bay windows) is primed. 2 more coats to go!

I had a little break in the afternoon after eating lunch and showering. I needed more paint stripper (décapant) but the place I usually buy it at no longer stocks it! Oh well...it was nice to get outside. I got my painting clothes back on and finished in time for dinner.

While I was working in the afternoon, Eric took all of the kids out to the coulée verte for a lively soccer match.

Inga is at a sleepover today. We watched two more episodes of The Book of Boba Fett.

Eric cooked tonight (paella) and we got to eat the crème brûlée that I mixed up last night. Yum.

I wish I had pictures but I haven't been recording my renovation work lately. I should remedy that...anyway it's just painting things white so it's not super exciting.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...