Wednesday, December 07, 2022

Breech tour du monde, day 28: Arrival in Adelaide

We had a trouble-free travel day from Perth to Adelaide. I was up yet again around 4 am...but since we are jumping forward 2.5 hours, it works out perfectly in our new area!

I'm staying with a friend who lives up in the hills above Adelaide. We met via our blogs when I was pregnant with Zari and she was pregnant with her 3rd and last child. We met for the first time in person 5 years ago when their catamaran was stranded in a little island, Frioul, off the coast of Marseille. We had a lovely day there seeing their little boat, walking around the island, and swimming (I remember that the kids swam but it was a bit too chilly for me, and I huddled under a towel).

She gave me and David a tour of their Japanese-inspired house and gardens. They have a little stream running through their backyard, which then slopes up to the ridge of the hill. It's all very forested and secluded, but quite close to the center of their little town. I may go have a walk when I have some free time to explore the shops.


What an interesting world we live in, where friendships can start halfway around the world, meet somewhere else in the world, and pick up again another halfway around the world.

I made a dark chocolate tart for dessert...it's fun to cook just because I want to, not because I have to!

My last day of teaching is tomorrow, then I have one day off to rest and do something fun. I'm starting to get VERY excited about going back home--it's now a reality rather than something quite far off.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...