Thursday, February 16, 2023

Chamonix day 6

A successful day with loads of skiing. Dio was looking a bit less like death warmed over this morning. He almost stayed home, but we convinced him to at least try skiing in the morning. If he didn't feel great, he could leave when my mom was done.

My did 3 runs with us on the middle of the mountain and then had to stop because she had some very painful blisters on her toes. She took the gondola down while we all skied down the long run to the bottom, which gave Dio a decent amount of skiing before he left with my mom. It was close to noon, so we decided to eat lunch while we were at the bottom.

And then, in the afternoon, we skied hard. We stayed on the long runs at the very top. The snow was hard-packed but not quite icy. It wasn't terrible, actually, because at least it was consistent. We went off-run much of the time because the snow was better and it was more fun. And when we were on the runs, we could go fast because there weren't icy moguls or inconsistent surfaces.

We stayed right until closing. I could feel my legs getting tired, so I decided to take the gondola down instead of skiing the long bottom run (which gets terribly icy by the end of the day). Zari and Ivy joined me, while Inga skied down with Eric. We all got down within a minute of each other!

Dinner was roasted sausages and fennel with mustard, thyme, and red wine. Our vegetable dish was a mixed vegetable sautée (eggplant, green beans, bell peppers, bamboo shoots, and few other things) and chocolate & random cookies for dessert.

Inga and Ivy went swimming after dinner and I enjoyed the sauna. We finished watching Ender's Game. Zari was frustrated at the film adaptation. Movies are rarely as good as the books, I agree.

I snapped this picture of Inga and Zari, easily identifiable by their braids.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...