Friday, February 24, 2023

French apartment renovations, Day 625: Paint, soccer, funerals

Ivy and Inga had a fun job today: putting on the outlet covers above and below the mezzanine. Outlet covers are a symbol of completion--years of work in this case.

We made good progress with painting (me, up on the scaffold, and then Eric later on). My dad spent much of the day sanding down the two beams that we had planed yesterday. He's also drawn a mock-up of the staircase and taped it to the wall.



Lots more soccer practices today. I've never had a school vacation with soccer every single day! We wanted to go hiking this week but didn't have a single day free.

My mom arrived safely late last night and the funeral took place today. My dad watched the livestream while were getting kids to bed and going on a walk. We caught a few minutes at the beginning and end.

I took a trip to the art supply store with Ivy and Inga to look for a slightly different color of gilding paint. We have classic gold, which is darker than we'd like when stenciled on top of the lighter green paint. I bought a lighter tone (brass) but we're not sure that's perfect either. We may give silver gilding paint a try next.

Then we went to the 2 Euro store and I let each of them come home with one object, since they had completed 2 weeks on their chore charts.

Eric made two kinds of quiche: salmon-caper and quiche Lorraine with mushrooms. My dad has been foraging bitter oranges with Ivy and the past two nights we've had an absolutely delicious orange-ade. It's sour, bitter, and sweet in perfect proportions and very refreshing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...