Monday, February 06, 2023

French apartment renovations, Day 616: Priming and prepping

6,642 steps

Half the ceiling is primed, most is caulked, and nearly everything is sanded. I was priming with a mini roller and got a huge splat of paint right in my eye. It hurt like #$%^! It was a shellac-based primer with denatured alcohol as its solvent (Zinsser BIN). It's also almost as runny as water, which is why it was dripping so much.

I hollered for someone to get saline solution while my dad grabbed a water bottle for me to flush my eye out. Never in my life have I gotten paint in my eye before!

After that, I wised up and wore goggles. By the end of the morning, I had paint all over my face, my clothes, my hair, my lips--even on my teeth! But no more in my eyes. My dad started cutting the tiles for behind the two toilets.

I made a big run to the post office and have another big drop-off tomorrow. I also got paint mixed at Leroy Merlin, which was a bit of a (mis)adventure. All the pots of paint turned out the wrong color! One needed to be mixed a bit more and then it looked right. The next one was the right shade after a second mixing, and I thought it was good. But once I came home and looked at the dry sample on the lid, I realized it was still lighter than it should be! And the third pot was a different color altogether. They guys at the paint counter didn't know why and guessed the paint base was mis-labeled.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...