Tuesday, February 21, 2023

French apartment renovations, Day 622: Lumberyard, grout, and cream puffs

My dad and I dropped off Eric, Inga, and Dio at their respective soccer practices, then we went to the lumberyard far out of town. We needed two pieces of wood to build the staircase. We bought the same species as last time (sipo) but a meter longer and several centimeters wider.

My dad was impressed with the lumberyard. There were massive logs rough sawn into boards, still stacked in their original cutting order.



That took all morning and some of the afternoon. After lunch, Eric finished the last of the ceiling priming and the last of the Zinsser BIN primer--exactly enough and not a drop left over! My dad and I grouted the two toilet rooms and the shower with pale gray epoxy grout.



My mom made a French version of wild rice soup (with red rice from the Camargue) and cream puffs (profiteroles) for dessert. So delicious!


Lots of painting tomorrow. I estimate we'll have a few more days and then all of the painting will be done over the mezzanine, walls included. Then we can start laying flooring while the painting continues on the scaffolding.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...