Tuesday, February 28, 2023

French apartment renovations, Day 629: One stencil is started, ceiling is painted, walls are primed, flooring is begun

Lots happening today, and all of it making visible progress!

#1: I started stenciling the undersides of the big beams with gilding paint. It worked pretty well. I still haven't figured out if it's best to take the stencil off right after the final coat, or if I should let it dry completely. I have to connect all the "bridges" by hand and connect the middle and end parts by extending the outside lines. It will make more sense once it's done.






I have 5 more of the stencils to do. It's definitely time-consuming.

#2: Eric has completely finished painting the ceiling! He was scraping insides of the paint bucket by the end.

#3: My dad primed all of the walls on the living room side (roller). We have to cut in tomorrow now that the scaffolding is freed up.


#4: We got the flooring started. First we laid two rows of boards across the outer edge of the mezzanine and let the glue set. Then we laid the first two rows of boards perpendicular to the mezzanine and let those dry. (Due to the shape of the mezzanine and placement of the dividing walls, we decided to run the flooring one way and not the other.)



Inga's birthday is in two days. She has a long list of birthday gift ideas. She REALLY wants a dog. If we actually lived in one place all year round, I would love to have a dog.

Oh, I slept much better last night.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...