Thursday, February 02, 2023

French apartment renovations, Day 612: Tiling!

There's lots of work to be done on the scaffolding--sanding, caulking, priming--but only one person can work there at a time. Instead of twiddling our thumbs, my dad and I decided to tile the shower while Eric worked on the scaffolding.



We got 3/4 of the shower done! Way more than I thought we'd finish in one day. We ran out of the mosaic tiles with 1/3 of 1 square left. Argh!



We'll do the rest of the tiling above the mosaic tomorrow. We'll have to patch in that last missing part once I can go to the store.

Many of us are coming down with something. Symptoms are varied but include congestion, coughing, mild nausea, and general malaise. Not horrible but enough to make me not want to do anything at the end of the day.

My mom made fajitas for dinner. Yum! Inga wanted to make something with me before bedtime, so we found a recipe that we could make without needing to buy any ingredients: chocolate coconut date balls. It was very simple: pulse coconut, oats, dates, pumpkins seeds, cocoa powder, and a bit of maple syrup together in the blender, then roll into balls.

I had another breech meeting today to go through the twin home birth paper with Dr. Fischbein. Our goal is to submit it in the spring.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...