Saturday, February 25, 2023

French apartment renovations, Day 626: Soccer

We had a lazy morning and then an afternoon filled with soccer tournaments. I drove my dad, Inga, and 4 of her teammates to one tournament in Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat, while Eric took Ivy to a tournament near the airport.

Google maps took us on a crazy circuitous route that added twice as much time. I mostly knew how to get there but set a navigation program to be sure I didn't miss a turn. Instead, we got a crazy long scenic tour. Some of our route has doing loops and crossing back over our path multiple times! I don't know what was happening with the app today. Fortunately, by time we got to the loops, I knew where I was and ignored it the rest of the way.

Inga's team played 3 matches of 30 minutes each. They lost one match 0-1 and won two matches 1-0 and 2-1. Inga scored 2 of the 3 goals! Her legs were really sore from some exercises a few days ago, but she still managed to do well.

Driving with a car full of giggling girls talking full speed over each was hilarious. At one point I hit a speed bump faster than anticipated and set the girls in the back flying.

Ivy's team won all of their games--apparently it wasn't even close. So that's good but they would have liked more evenly matched teams.

Eric went spearfishing this morning and came back with one sea urchin. He barely saw any fish at all and only shot his spear gun once. My dad got his first ever taste of sea urchin.

I started teaching Inga and Ivy the theme song to His Dark Materials on the piano. They learned two measures of the bottom hand and then it was past time to go to bed. Now I have that song running through my head...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...