Friday, February 17, 2023

Chamonix day 7

We are officially skied out! By 2 pm, my legs felt like lead. Dio, Ivy, and Zari were also tired. We took a break in the sun while Eric and Inga skied. I wanted to go until the end of the day but my legs were not having it.

But overall, it was a good year, despite the poor quality snow. The weather was amazing: sunny, warm, and calm every day.

My parents took the train into Chamonix and had a fun day exploring and hiking. They hiked up to the landing field for the paragliders and watched about 10 landings. They're seriously considering doing it next year (paired with an experienced person, of course). I think they should go for it!

The whole family went to the pool after dinner. Dio, Zari, and Eric joined me in the sauna and then they all swam for a long time afterward.

We have to pack up tomorrow morning and be out by 10 am. I reserved 8 pains au chocolat at the bakery next door for tomorrow morning. A little treat to speed the kids up... Inga just finished reading "The Golden Compass" and now Ivy has started it, after hearing Inga talk about it so much. She highlights words she doesn't know and then I give her little vocabulary lessons.

I call this picture "Darth Dio."



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...