Sunday, February 19, 2023

French apartment renovations, Day 620: Trigonometry with Dad

My dad and I were sitting at the dining room table this evening, working out some trigonometry problems for our staircase build. I definitely got those tendencies from him--we have the same way of problem solving and sketching things out. Ivy came along and got a lesson in 3-4-5 triangles and equilateral triangles.

We will have a staircase with a 40° angle from horizontal. Not quite as shallow as standard US staircases, but still very navigable as a true staircase and not as a ladder.

We had a nice easy day. We took a family walk after lunch around the port and back. It was about 15C and mostly sunny. I love winters in Nice!

We watched two more episodes of "His Dark Materials."

The kids are off school for the next week. I hope we can employ them downstairs. They're good at painting and I would trust them to edge and roll the walls. That's a big compliment since there are not many people I would trust to do that job.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...