Friday, February 03, 2023

French apartment renovations, Day 613: Shower is (almost) done + paint samples

4,382 steps

Eric and I didn't sleep very well last night, due to my dad's coughing waking Eric up, and then Eric started coughing, which woke me up. I hope we're all recovered for skiing in 9 days!

My dad and I finished tiling the shower by lunchtime (except for the missing moasic pieces, and a few small bits that broke loose. We had a few tricky cuts and my dad did them brilliantly.



In the afternoon, I did some priming (joined by Inga for the last half hour) and my dad did a big cleanup. Eric has almost finished sanding the beams. (Again, ignore the mint green color of the primer!)

We had an electrical adventure this morning. Our whole building lost power in the middle of the night for a few hours. It came back on around 5 am (I only realized this becaues I heard our home phone beep). I got a message from our renter in Le Catamaran that as soon as the power came back on, her main circuit breaker kept shutting off immediately.

I came down to investigate and sure enough, it was hte main breaker. No matter what we did--turning off some of the apartment circuits, turning off all of the circuits--it would shut off immediately. I message my electrician friend and heard back from him a few hours later. He first advised me to swap breakers (the front Communist apartment has an identical one) and see if our "good" one would work in Le Catamaran.

We did so and lo and behold, they both worked, even the "bad" one now installed in the front apartment that we're working on! It is a total mystery but at least we have power restored.

We had some supplies to buy at Leroy Merlin, so Eric and I took Dio to soccer and then had a "date" at the home improvement store. We bought more tile mortar, caulk, masking tape, an interphone, and five pots of paint to test out. We are so fed up with waiting for the paint samples that I bought more than a week ago that we just bought five small cans. Instant gratification. I am so excited to test them out tomorrow!

We had time to watch one episode of Poldark after dinner (black bean & orzo salad, with bell peppers, corn, cherry tomatoes, olives, feta, & cilantro).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...