Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Breech tour du monde, day 12: Taranaki workshop

We had a lively crowd today. Other words that come to mind are boisterous and rowdy (in a good way). We had 4 obstetricians, more than 20 midwives, and one student midwife. I love working with these groups who clearly enjoy and respect each other.

One of the attendees was from Minnesota! We chatted a bit about our shared MN roots.

Yet again, rain throughout the day. I don't mind when I'm inside teaching.

For dinner, we put together a big salad, hardboiled eggs (done in the hot water kettle), and a few leftovers. I answered way too many emails and then hopped in the hot tub. Then back to more emails. I'm going to put my computer down for the evening and read until I fall asleep.

If it's rainy out tomorrow (likely), I will probably wander around town and check out some of the op shops (thrift stores). I also want to run as long as it isn't pouring rain. We don't feel inclined to drive around sightseeing unless the weather is clear, since we have a long drive the day after tomorrow. We'll see.

I still haven't seen "the mountain," as people in this region refer to it. Too many clouds! One attendee said it took her 6 weeks to see the mountain after she moved here. You might ask: Why does Rixa have no pictures? I'm covered all day in lube and cannot touch things without gooping them up. I come home from these workhops looking like I have a serious skin disease (dried lube peeling and flaking off). That is why I rarely have any workshop pictures unless other people take them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...