Friday, November 04, 2022

Sick, surprises, and birthday dinner

I was knocked flat yesterday by the covid booster. I stayed in bed most of the day and went to bed with fever and chills. I think I sweated most of it out during the night.

I couldn't sleep for a while last night, so I stayed up reading Trevor Noah's autobiography Born a Crime. I finished it a bit after 2 am and finally fell asleep.

Poor Dio woke up this morning with a high fever and was kaput the entire day. He slept almost all day and has only eaten some crackers. He and I snuggled together in bed this evening while waiting for Zari and Eric to come back from indoor soccer at the university.


I had a SUPER exciting package show up on our porch: my new book! We ordered 1,000 copies total, and I just got my shipment of 100.



Zari, Eric, and I went out to eat tonight to celebrate her birthday. We have one slightly "fancy" restaurant in town--fancy mostly because things are expensive, not because it's haute cuisine--and we wanted to try it out. They did make some great truffle fries, I have to admit, and the burger was cooked to a perfect medium-rare. But it was blasting country music, which ruined the "fancy" vibe for me!

Eric found Zari three nice button-down shirts on thredUP for her birthday, and she loved all three. Well done! Now she has something a bit more dressy than her usual soccer jerseys.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...