Sunday, November 06, 2022

Too much ice cream and a full moon

After dinner, we went to an ice cream social for Inga's and Ivy's soccer teams. I don't even want to think about how much ice cream the kids ate. We had the usual speeches, certificates, etc plus lots of playing around before and after.


We have a bright full moon. Zari tried to take pictures of it, but my camera phone wouldn't focus on the moon.

I gave two presentations at today's California Nurse Midwives Association Annual Meeting. I think it went very well and hope we'll be teaching more in CA next year!

I'm working on a HUGE cleaning/maintenance/packing list since I will be gone for a month. My parents will be here to help out most of the time, so I figured I'd make a detailed list of every possible thing I can think of. Then every day after school, we can focus on deep cleaning one room. That should get the house in tip-top shape by time we go back to France.

I made chicken pot pie, the real old-fashioned kind with all fresh ingredients, where you chop, dice, & sautee the vegetables and chicken; make a thick sauce out of (homemade) bone broth, butter, flour, and cream; and make a homemade crust for the top. Time-consuming but worth it. I made an enormous batch, froze some extra for another dinner, and still it disappeared way too fast!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...