Friday, November 18, 2022

Breech tour du monde, day 8: Travel to Hamilton

I wasn't sure if I would be able to exercise once we arrived at our new destination, so I did some HIIT exercises in the morning. I'm glad I did, because it's been pouring on and off all day!

We left Auckland mid-morning and had an easy drive down to Hamilton. While we were waiting for our airbnb to open, we had lunch (Malaysian takeout) and visited a local thrift shop. I found a dress and lots of treasures for the kids.

I talked with my family as soon as we got checked in. Zari had her first theater performance, a private one for the teachers. The first public one is tomorrow.


I had to say goodbye to Eric and the kids to get on a live session, and then a debrief immediately following. That brought us to dinnertime: big salad, leftover deviled eggs, and dark chocolate tart with strawberries. The airbnb didn't have any casserole or baking dishes, so I improved and baked the tart in a cooking pot. It worked.

We're down one simulator, Charlotte--she developed a recto-vaginal fistula thanks to an overly eager student doing a Ritgen maneuver. We had to send her back to Australia for repairs. The simulator was supposed to arrive by the 15th. Unfortunately, it's been held up in the Auckland airport customs for "inspections" for the past few days. We got word tonight that it's done...but DHL doesn't deliver over the weekend!

We ended up sending my simulator with Kristine, who is now on the South Island. We'll have to drive back up to Auckland after our two days of teaching here in Hamilton, then drive all the way down to Taranaki.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...