Monday, November 07, 2022

Countdown and to-do lists

I have a massive to-do list, not so much for when I leave, but to help the family get ready for France without me around. It helps if I write the list during the day, instead of thinking of things in the middle of the night and losing sleep. (Turn the valve off for the hose spigot...change the air filters in the AC blower...get the broken tub spigot repaired...)

I spent the morning running those sorts of errands. It's amazing how much I get done after putting these things off for months or even years. Today's big task was caulking where the tiled shower walls meet the bathtub. The people who did the tiling did a very messy job--both grout and tile--and it's always bothered me to see grout that wasn't cleaned off properly. The grout was also coming loose where it joined the tub and we were getting water leaking out the edges and starting to erode the walls.

So finally I got in there with a chisel, carefully scraped away any loose or unsightly grout, laid down two parallel lines of tape, and put a beautiful line of silicone caulk exactly where I wanted it.

I'm mostly packed, except a few last clothing and toiletry items that will go in at the last minute.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...