Thursday, November 24, 2022

Breech tour du monde, day 14: Travel to Palmerston North

5,079 steps and 237 km

We had a 3.5 hour drive from New Plymouth to Palmerston North. It was a mixture of rolling hills and flat pasture and farmland. Palmerson North is very flat with long, low mountain ranges off to the east and the west.

We had good weather during our drive--only a little rain here and there--and I saw more of "the mountain." The very top was still hidden by clouds, but we caught a peek of the lower summit with snow cover. It's really hard to see in the picture I took in the car, though.


We bought groceries and then checked into the airbnb. First order of business: eat lunch. Second order: do laundry! I was thinking of going out for a walk, but then I got caught up in household tasks and then it was time for dinner. We got a dramatic rainstorm that came before we could bring all of the laundry in.

It looked slightly less menacing after dinner, so I decided to go out for a walk. I only got rained on 3 times...but I caught a beautiful double rainbow when I was on the pedestrian bridge.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...