Thursday, November 17, 2022

Breech tour du monde, day 7: Rest day

I woke up at 4:30 am, which was an improvement over yesterday. I was so thankful to have a rest day today. I was hoping to visit Rangitoto Island, a new volcanic island that appeared 600 years ago. However, rain was forecast and I don't have rain gear with me. There's a ferry that goes to the island and only has 3 return times all day.

So instead, I stayed indoors all day. I spent much of the day catching up on emails and the rest reading a book. What a luxury! I also did laundry, talked with my family back home, had a very short nap in the early afternoon, and cooked some fish for dinner while my colleague made a big salad.

It's been lovely to have a quiet day with gray skies and rain outside. Tomorrow we have a short drive down to Hamilton, so it's more or less a rest day even though we are traveling.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...