Tuesday, May 04, 2021

French apartment renovations, Day 134: What has 3 hearts and 9 brains?

10,417 steps

I just couldn't get out of bed this morning at 7. Eric kindly got the kids up and I slept for another 45 minutes and felt much better. I had a nice run in the morning. It's getting warm enough that I didn't need to bring a light jacket. (Even in the winter, I end up taking my jacket off, but it can be chilly at the beginning.)

Eric saw the gorgeous clear water and couldn't resist spearfishing. He came home with an octopus, which turned into tonight's dinner. He could have caught 3 but he didn't want to take more than we needed.

We started running wires but found ourselves stalled: we need one more size of wire, and we need to install it first, before the others can go in (we have a few spots that have very limited space and we need the important wire to be there first). So yeah, that was frustrating. We ran the main power cable and hung up the electrical panel. And that was it because we had a videoconference at 3:30.

We're looking into installing solar electric panels on our roof, so we had a video consultation with Ikea/Voltalia. The big question is: will the mairie allow solar panels in our location? All of central Nice is under historic preservation, and Old Nice has an additional designated historic zone. Voltalia does all of the administrative legwork, so we will know fairly soon if it's even possible. And of course we have to vote on it among all the building occupants. If so, we'd be installing a 5-6KW system with 18 panels. 

I went to the coulee verte with Ivy and Inga after school. It's nice to take a break and just chat with friends. When I'm home, I have a hard time putting my work aside.

Dinner was octopus salad, shrimp, and French fries. I'm on dinner duty tomorrow. I'm going to do roasted fennel & sausages, provided I can find fennel.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...